DO Empordà Wine Grand Tour
The DO Empordà cellars, where history begins.
The Greeks introduced wine into the Iberian Peninsula from here. No wonder, then, that the Empordà is the region with the longest wine-making tradition and history in the country.
And now you have the chance to see some of the most outstanding cellars in this area with your own eyes.
Live an unforgettable experience with this full-day excursion that will take you into the Empordà region with us through a visit to two of the most representative family cellars and organic farming.
You will also be able to taste some of the best local wines and enjoy a perfect evening.
Want to join us?
It is now time to know the plan for the day. So, let us tell you what we’ll do on this fantastic tour:
- Pick up: we will set up a meeting point where we will pick you up to take you to our first stop. The adventure awaits!
- First cellar: our first visit. On this enchanting tour of the first vineyard, you will be guided through the different areas of the estate by the winegrowers themselves. They will tell you everything you want to know about the different varieties grown.
- First tasting: the end of the visit might be the most important part: you have to taste the wines. Enjoy the delicious variety of nuances offered by each one of them. A real experience for the palate.
- Second cellar: the second and last stop of the tour. The next cellar is in the middle of the mountain. There, the vineyard producers will guide us through the plantations. It is a beautiful and pleasant walk. Once the visit is over, you will enjoy a delicious lunch: local products and wine pairing (with the wines produced in the exact vineyard itself).
- Return: we will drop you off at the same point where we picked you up. After a perfect day among wines and vineyards, it’s time to rest, until the next adventure!
What’s included in the tour
Let us tell you exactly what is included in the price of this wonderful day trip:
- Transport: from the pick-up point to the vineyards and back to the same point.
- Wine tasting: at each of the cellars you visit, you’ll enjoy a tasting of wines from the estate itself.
- Picnic among the vines: during the day you won’t drink on an empty stomach. The wine tastings are generous, so be prepared: Iberian ham, slices of pâté terrine, semi-cured Sarró Garrotxa goat’s cheese, botifarra de Perol (sausage), fuet, delicious homemade bread, fresh tomatoes, olive oil, assorted fruits, carquinyolis and, to accompany it, coffee and water. Isn’t your mouth already watering?
- Guide: through the incredible landscapes made up of different types of vineyards.
The meeting or pick-up point is agreed with the customer.
The excursion will last between 7 and 9 hours, for a maximum of 7 people per group.
Health and security measures
Girona Tour will follow the covid measures in force at all times. Tour privado:
How to get to the Girona Tour meeting point
The starting point of “Girona Tour: Guided Visits and Tours in Girona | Gironatour.com” is located in the heart of Plaça de Catalunya, 17004 Girona. Although depending on the visit the meeting point may vary.
You will find us right next to the Gelateria La Gioconda ice cream parlor.
A 4-minute walk from the Jardines de la Muralla and a 3-minute walk from the Girona City Hall building.
1 minute walk from the Cadaqués Casino Bar