Hiking cap de Creus
If you are planning to visit Cadaqués and you like nature, you cannot leave without visiting the Cap de Creus Natural Park.
It is a place with great geological and biological diversity.
So it is a perfect place both for geology lovers —for its unique-looking rock formations—, as well as for nature and hiking enthusiasts.
But in addition, there is also room for lovers of the aquatic world, since it has several protected maritime areas, where snorkeling is an almost mandatory activity.
All of that is fine but …
What if we told you that you can also enjoy the explanations of a specialized guide who will show you the most interesting places? That way you won’t have to worry about anything, except enjoying the experience of hiking in Cap de Creus.
Take a look at the options we offer you in Girona Tour.
Local guide, boat tickets
Historic centre, Church, Viewpoints, Cap de Creus, Portlligat (house-museum)
Adult 50 Euros; Child (8 to 16 years old) 40 Euros
Catalan, Spanish, Français, English
Plaça Frederic Rahola (in front of the Dalí statue)
1. 4-hour guided tour through Cap de Creus
Distance: 9 km.
Elevation gain: 510 meters.
Duration: 4 hours.
This is a circular route, in which we will follow the following itinerary through the Cap de Creus natural park:
- Departure from Mas Rabassers de Baix: from our meeting point, we will follow the river path towards Cala Portaló. It is a path that runs along this shore and ends at the beach.
- Bathing in the cove: we will bathe and snorkel in the crystal clear waters of this beautiful Mediterranean cove. And be careful, because we will not be alone. Hopefully, fish of various species, octopuses and starfish, among other aquatic inhabitants, will accompany us.
- We will continue to Galladera: after the dip, we take off our diving goggles and continue walking to continue hiking through Cap de Creus. This time along a zigzagging path that runs through rockrose bushes. Upon reaching the top, we enter a mountainous area.
- Last section to the Galladera cove: this last section to the cove is slightly more difficult. But once we arrive, we will have spectacular views.
- Views of the maritime landscape and the Portaló island: in this cove, we will contemplate a beautiful panoramic view of the Portaló island and the Silbato passage, a name that comes from the buzz that the wind makes as it passes.
In short, on this hiking route in Cap de Creus we will not be short of paths, coves and unforgettable landscapes.
A mandatory excursion on your visit to the most authentic and wild Costa Brava.
2. Visit to the paratge of Tudela (2 hour route)
Distance: 5.6 km.
Elevation gain: 150 meters.
Duration: 2 hours.
This is an ideal route for families who want to hike through Cap de Creus in the company of their young children, as the path does not present any technical difficulties.
On this tour we enter the natural area of the Tudela area, one of the most spectacular areas of Cap de Creus.
The Tudela paratge is known for the special geological interest of its formations, as well as being Salvador Dalí’s source of inspiration for much of his work.
We can see examples of how rocks, being eroded over millions of years by the wind and the sea, end up taking on a series of strange shapes.
These random morphologies recall figures such as a rabbit, a camel, an eagle … Or who knows what other figure, because that will depend on the imagination of the person who observes it.
In addition to this, Tudela is one of the areas with the greatest plant and animal biodiversity.
Delve into this unique natural space with us!
This is what we do on the route:
- Starting point: we leave (and finish the route) at the intersection of the Cadaqués road to Cap de Creus, just where the asphalt road to Tudela begins.
- Path to the car park: we walk about 400 meters until we reach the Tudela car park.
- On the way to Culip cove: afterwards, we continue along the asphalt path that runs through the entire Paraje de Tudela to Culip cove. During this tour we explain the different points of interest on this part of the route.
- Return: we will return the same way, although optionally you can take a shortcut along another dirt path.
What do you think? You dare?
Why hire an excursion to Cap de Creus?
Because hiking in Cap de Creus is not walking for walking. During your visit, you will discover an area of exceptional beauty with the help of a local guide, who will tell you interesting facts, stories and relevant information about this protected area.
And because you also cannot miss these photogenic landscapes. You will see when you return home and remember an experience that will remain impregnated in your retina. Not to mention the bunch of cool images to post on your Instagram profile that you’ve captured.
How to get to the Girona Tour meeting point
The starting point of “Girona Tour: Guided Visits and Tours in Girona | Gironatour.com” is located in the heart of Plaça de Catalunya, 17004 Girona. Although depending on the visit the meeting point may vary.
You will find us right next to the Gelateria La Gioconda ice cream parlor.
A 4-minute walk from the Jardines de la Muralla and a 3-minute walk from the Girona City Hall building.
1 minute walk from the Cadaqués Casino Bar