Medieval Costa Brava: a tour you cannot miss
Venture on an unforgettable experience with this excursion back in time through the most beautiful medieval villages of the Costa Brava.
Fancy a different day out, without complications and enjoying everything these wonders have to offer? We know exactly what you’re looking for.
With this day tour, you’ll be able to visit iconic and picturesque places, contemplate breathtaking landscapes and live unforgettable experiences. And all this with a guide who will tell you the history and curiosities in every corner.
All in all, a perfect day out.
Step back in time and discover the Medieval Costa Brava: the most beautiful and historic villages of the Baix Empordà.
Would you like to know more? The details are below:
Itinerary of the excursion
Here we will tell you exactly which stops we’ll be making. This way, you will have a more detailed view of what you are going to see on this excursion:
- Peratallada: this will be our first stop. We will leave Girona heading towards this small village of no more than 500 inhabitants. It is a magnificently preserved place where you will be able to enjoy in all its splendour the beautiful medieval village of Girona. We will tell you about its history and also curiosities, and you will have free time to wander around at your own pace and visit the small local shops.
- Pals: the second stop. It is a beautiful medieval village located on the top of the main hill of Empordanet. You will enjoy a guided tour with our professional guide, where you will learn about its history, its lifestyle, its curiosities…
- Begur: in our third stop we will have two options: visit the ruins of the spectacular medieval castle or follow the route of the Indian buildings. These were built by those men who, back in those days, made their fortune in the Americas and came back rich. We will tell you all this and much more on a guided tour of this very special town.
- Sant Sebastian lighthouse: a natural viewpoint with the best views of the area. From here you can see the Costa Brava in all its splendour. You will have a complete panoramic view of the beautiful villages of Calella de Palafrugell and Llafranc. Enjoy the fresh air and the sea breeze while your guide tells you everything you need to know about the place.
- Calella de Palafrugell: our last stop. This fishing village is as picturesque as the previous ones, but it has a special charm that you can’t miss. Stroll along the old coastal path -used by the Guardia Civil in the past to control the maritime border-, and have lunch on the beach or take a dip in its Mediterranean waters. A perfect end to a wonderful day.
- Girona: back to the starting point.
A perfect day to share with your partner, family or friends.
As we have private and semi-private tours, you can live this experience with a small group of people, even if you sign up as a couple. Let nothing stop you from getting to know the most spectacular side of the Costa Brava!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help you in any way we can.
What’s included in this tour
- Official tour guide: the tour will be guided by a qualified professional.
- Ticket management and route planning: our guides will show you the most striking monuments and will take care of access and ticket purchase (if necessary).
- Transport: our company is responsible for organising transport to all the places to be visited.
- Available for private and small groups: this tour can be done privately or semi-privately.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help you in any way we can.
Plaça Catalunya 12, Girona. Next to Gioconda, in front of Eat Sleep and Cycle
Health and security measures
Girona Tour will follow the covid measures in force at all times.
How to get to the Girona Tour meeting point
The starting point of “Girona Tour: Guided Visits and Tours in Girona | Gironatour.com” is located in the heart of Plaça de Catalunya, 17004 Girona. Although depending on the visit the meeting point may vary.
You will find us right next to the Gelateria La Gioconda ice cream parlor.
A 4-minute walk from the Jardines de la Muralla and a 3-minute walk from the Girona City Hall building.
1 minute walk from the Cadaqués Casino Bar